Employment Opportunity: Regulatory Specialist - WLWB
The Wek’èezhìi Land and Water Board is seeking an energetic and highly organized individual to conduct reviews and assessments of major applications for land and water use in the Wek’èezhìi Region.
Role: Environmental Regulatory Specialist
Wek’èezhìi Land and Water Board:
- Established to regulate the use of land and water within the Wek’eezhii management area in the Northwest Territories.
- Residents of Wek’eezhii, predominantly the Tlicho People, have strong, traditional ties to the land, water, wildlife and environment.
- Ensuring responsible, sustainable use of the land and water is of paramount importance for the people and the region.
- Administer and coordinate land use permits, water licenses and environmental management plans for mining, municipal, and other developments.
- Coordinate public reviews of land and/or water use applications.
- Coordinate the development of staff reports, preliminary screening reports, land-use permits, water licenses and reasons for decisions.
- Present recommendations for Board review and approval.
- Monitor compliance with water licence and land use permit conditions.
- Relevant degree in environmental science, engineering, or a related discipline
- An understanding of land and water use regulation processes
- Proven communications, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Capacity to quickly build lasting relationships based on trust and mutual respect
- Seen as fair and responsive
Education and experience equivalencies will be considered.
This challenging opportunity includes a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Please send a cover letter and resume highlighting your experience by 5:00pm MST on June 5, 2018 in confidence to:
c/o NorthWays Consulting
We thank all those that apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.