These maps are for illustrative purposes only. They are not legal documents, and should not be treated as such. When using these maps, the user should follow these conditions.
The following base maps were created to support the regulatory review process. These basemaps are available at each of the websites of the Land and Water Boards of Mackenzie Valley including the MVLWB, WLWB, and SLWB.
- Demonstrates mineral tenure(s) including mineral claims, mineral leases, prospecting permits, and coal exploration licences in the NWT.
- Demonstrates the topographic map sheet number for the Northwest Territories.
- Demonstrates surface and/or subsurface rights held by the Government of Canada on lands in the NWT.
- Demonstrates settlement and/or private lands in the NWT.
- Demonstrates lands where no new oil and gas and/or new mining rights may be issued/registered.
- Demonstrates the GNWT regional boundaries and their associated Lands' Regional Superintendents and Managers, and Environmental and Natural Resources' Regional Superintendents and Water Resource Officers.
- The GNWT's ATLAS Community Maps providing features such as parcel information, structures, elevation etc.
- INAC's interactive map showing current titles (e.g. Exploration Licence, Significant Discovery Licence, Production Licence, etc.
- GNWT Cumulative Impact Monitoring Program (CIMP)'s inventory of disturbances and other changes on the landscape
There are poster sized maps (.pdf) and/or interactive webmaps versions available.
The SLWB has developed a series of maps to demonstrate current authorizations including Water Licences and Land Use Permits in the Gwich'in Settlement Area. Active authorizations are Water Licences and/or Land Use Permits with ongoing activities.
Gwich'in Settlement Area
The Gwich'in Land Use Planning Board has prepared a web map of the Gwich’in Settlement Area (GSA) and its zoning or land use designations.
Quarrying Activity (under review)
This map demonstrates the quarrying activities managed by the Land and Water Boards of the Mackenzie Valley in the NWT.