Contact Us

Mailing Address

Gwich’in Land and Water Board
Alex Moses-Greenland Building at 105 Veterans Way
P.O. Box 2018, Inuvik, NT X0E 0T0

Telephone: (867) 777-4954

Fax: (867) 777-2304

The offices of the Board are located on the second floor of the Alex Moses Greenland building in Inuvik, Northwest Territories, and are open from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. from Monday to Friday, except on statutory holidays.

Staff Contact

Leonard DeBastien, Executive Director, (867) 777 4954 ext. 1, Cell Phone: (867) 620 0082

Edith Kay, Office Manager, (867) 777 4954 ext. 0

AlecSandra Macdonald, Regulatory Specialist, (867) 777 4954 ext. 3

Holly Hesk Jones, Communications Specialist, (867) 777 4954 ext. 4

Media Requests

If you are looking for information or would like to set up an interview, please contact the Executive Director, available at the phone number and email address above.

Due to the quasi-judicial nature of the Regulatory Process of the Land and Water Boards of the Mackenzie Valley, there are certain limitations as to what the Board Chair and Executive Director are able to speak about. Board decisions, submissions made by other parties, or any other evidence must speak for themselves.

The primary source of information for all matters before the Board is the GLWB Public Registry. The Registry contains all the evidence the Board has on file. We encourage you to contact the developer of the project and to visit its website to get other details about a water licence or land use permit under review. Land and Water Board staff can only give you a cursory overview of the project. The developer is the best one to describe its own project. 

Media requests are referred to designated Executive Directors, who may provide remarks on procedural issues. It may be acceptable in certain situations for written responses to be provided by the Executive Director(s) to media requests. 

Access to Information Requests

The Gwich'in Land and Water Board is an independent, public board funded by the federal government. Its governing legislation is the Mackenzie Valley Resource Management Act (MVRMA) and the Board is subject to the federal Access to Information and Privacy Acts. To submit a request, please visit our Access to Information Requests page