Apply for Permit/Licence
How to Apply
Applying for a land use permit and/or water licence is a straightforward process. This graphic provides a general overview of the steps to take in submitting an application. For more details, see the Resources for Applicants menu item.
Click on the underlined links above for PDF versions of each document. Reviewing these resources will help ensure that applications are complete and can be processed in a timely manner.
Apply for Permit / Licence
Applying for a land use permit and/or water licence is a straightforward process. Understanding and adhering to the steps outlined in the guides to completing a land use permit and water licence application can help ensure that applications are complete and can be processed in a timely manner.
Land Use Permit Applications
- Guide to the Land Use Permitting Process
- Land Use Permit Application Form (.word) (.pdf)
- GLWB Land Use Permit Assignment Application Form (.pdf)
- GLWB Storage Authorization Application Form (.pdf)
- Land Use Permit Application Security Template (.xls)
- Land Use Permit Application Fee, Land Use Fee, and Security Deposit Info
When determining land use fees remember that the $150 application fee includes the first 2 hectares of land and that fees are payable only for federal public lands. Do not include land use fees for private lands (include as total calculation of lands used in hectares, but not as part of fees).
Water Licence Applications
- Guide to Completing a Water Licence Application
- Water Licence Application Form for Federal Areas (.word) (.pdf)
- Water Licence Application Form for Non-Federal Areas (.word) (.pdf)
- GLWB Water Licence Assignment Form (.pdf)
- Water Use Fee Calculator (.xls)
- Water Licence Application Fee, Water Use Fee, and Security Deposit Info
Operation and Maintenance Plan Templates
- Wastewater (Sewage) Treatment System (WWTS) (2015)
- Water Treatment Plant (WTP) (2017)
- Spill Contingency Plan (2015)
- Solid Waste Facility (SWF) (2017)
- MVLWB Appendix B from Guide to the Land Use Permitting Process (2013)
- Municipal Water Licence Questionnaire (2016)
Utilize the Waste Management resources on the Policies and Guidelines page to help prepare the above templates.
Before Making Your Submission...
Before sending any material to the Board for either a Land Use Permit or Water Licence Application, please review the following two standards for guidance in formatting your submissions: